Saturday, June 6, 2009

New recipe

Today I tried a new recipe my sister-in-law gave me called Buttermilk Rhubarb Bread. It was not hard to put together but I forgot the vanilla and Grandpa accidentally hit the speed bake on the oven. I just took it out of the oven and it smells good but we shall see how it taste later.

It's that time of year for Graduation Open Houses. I went to one today that has an amazing story behind it. The boy's name is Shayne and he has a brother that is serving in Iraq. His brother was able to come home on a 3 week leave. Shayne's Father who is in his 40's had a heart attack Wednesday night. They life flighted him to Akron General where they did surgery that night. Now for the Blessings:
Shayne's brother home from Iraq:
His Dad came home from the hospital this morning and was greeting people as they came to the open house graduation party.
It's amazing of what the power of prayer can do.

As a side note: Shayne's mother was at our ladies meeting Wednesday night. We all put our names in a basket and drew one out and that was the person who we would pray for. Welllll! I drew Shayne's mother's name and started praying for her that night. Little did I know of all that was going to happen. God Knew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment