Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cousin Bob

Today started out as a regular Wednesday. I had my morning bible study and was planning on visiting a couple of ladies from our church who are house bound. As it was they were unable to have visitors today so I decided to go for a swim at the pool. I pulled in the driveway and parked the car and thought I should call Grandpa to let him know what I am doing. Grandpa said I'm so glad you called because we are getting a visitor from Virginia. Yep! It was my cousin Bob whom I so much enjoy visiting with. I Hi tailed it home and Bob came soon after. Bob said he was taking a vacation from retirement and decided to come to Ohio to visit family and friends. Grandpa really enjoyed the visit because they were in the same class in school growing up. Grandpa and Bob had a good time reminiscing and catching up on old classmates. A couple of hours flew by and before we knew it Bob was leaving. Grandpa and I chuckle and say we never know what the day will bring for us. Today was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment