Monday, August 23, 2010

LEARNED CONTENTMENT

Monday, August 23, 2010]




I was wondering what I was going to write this evening and boy did God lay out a plan for me. It fits right in with our verse and prayer.

The other day I started sewing a small wall hanging to use as a gift for a friend. The block was the log cabin. Easy right?? Well it went OK the first day I worked on it and when I went in today to finish it everything went hay wire. First I sewed the strip on the wrong side, tore it out. Sewed it back on but on the wrong side of the block, tore it out. Had to replace the strip with different fabric. So on the hunt I went. I can't tell you how many boxes of fabric I went through just to find one little piece that looked like the one I ruined. But on a happy note I found a whole box of batting that I forgot I had. Yippee!!!!. After all that work I needed comfort food so we had our afternoon coffee break and some zucchini bread. I took two pieces since I worked so hard. I finally finished the block with yet a few more unsewing problems. I HAVE LEARNED, IN WHATSOEVER STATE I AM, THERE-WITH TO BE CONTENT.



I HAVE LEARNED, IN WHATSOEVER STATE I AM, THERE TO BE CONTENT. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:11,13



Teach me to be content with what I have, whether in plenty or in want. Amen



Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment