Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Erica

HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY ERICA
Looking forward to Sunday when we celebrate our September Birthdays.
Erica is the daughter of John and Debbie.


I would like to share my experience I had today at my good friend Beth's house.  First of all Beth stopped in at our house before I came home from swimming and gave us a jar of natural pure honey from their own bee hives.  How special is that??? 

I have Beth's containers from previous goodies she has brought to our house and I keep forgetting to return them.  I don't like to return containers empty so I had just baked an apple cake to put in one of the containers.  I thought I would surprise her by returning the containers with a little treat in them.  Welllllllll! I pulled in her driveway and went up to the door and knocked.  RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUF, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUF,  I thought sure I was a goner when I heard her two dogs Lucy and Lumpy jumping on the door to eat me.  Beth brought me in her back porch and shoved me out the back door and told me I would be safe there.  She let the dogs out of the kitchen and put them outside.  She then opened my door and told me to hurry up in before the dogs came around the back.  I almost made it except for Lucy managed to get in the door right after me.  With a lot of tugging and pushing Beth managed to get Lucy back outside.  I love dogs but they didn't know that.  I had a wonderful visit with Beth and of course she gave me more goodies to bring back with me.  I have now another container to return but Beth gave me her unlisted phone number so I could call her before coming and she will contain the dogs before they eat me. 

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha...that brings back memories of when I would run out the door to catch the school bus and Archie would run bark and after me and uhmmmm, bite my bootie!

    ReplyDelete