Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rice Pudding

I'm excited to try a new recipe of Slow Cooker Rice Pudding.  I've always loved rice pudding but never made it by crock pot.  It brings back childhood memories.  My granddaughter Erica received a crock pot for her birthday and found a recipe for Slow Cooker Rice Pudding. 
Thank you Erica for your love of cooking.  I copied Erica's blog to share her recipe.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rice Pudding!

Hello internet, I broke in my crock pot today with a very, very simple rice pudding recipe that is actually pretty delicious. I got this recipe from a Knack cookbook, which I love.

Ingredients:
1 cup long-grain white rice
1/2 cup golden raisins, if desired
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups milk
1 cup apple juice
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in 3.5 quart slow cooker and stir well to combine.
2. Cover and cook on high for 2.5-3 hours or until rice is tender, stirring once during cooking time.
3. Turn off slow cooker and let stand 15 minutes. Add more milk if too thick, cook uncovered on high 20-30 minutes if too thin.

They recommend spraying the crock with a non-stick cooking spray. I didn't do that, but I'm thinking I should have. However, I stirred it more often and didn't have too much trouble with sticking. At the end, I added a little more milk.

It makes the house smell great, and tastes pretty good :)

Here's the rice pudding recipe I intend to try next time, if you're interested: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/03/crockpot-rice-pudding-recipe.html

Okay, bye internet!

1 comment:

  1. I hope this turns out well for everyone! I had it for breakfast this morning.... :)

    ReplyDelete