Thursday, October 28, 2010

POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE

Thursday, October 28, 2010
 
Aunt Sue's sister,Irene, passed away on Monday and the funeral was today.  Irene had no children and her husband died previously so I didn't think there would be many at her funeral.  Grandpa drove and stayed in the car because he remembered the last Russian Orthodox service we were at there was a lot of incense and it gave him a headache.  I was right it was a small funeral and somehow I managed to sit in the front row with young Sam directly across from Irene.  The priest came out who was every bit 6'8" and 300 lbs and stood in front of me.  What did he have in his right hand but the incense.  He swung it forward toward Irene and back directly on me. Back and forth for the full half hour service.  I have to say it was quite POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE because I was totally immersed in incense and could hardly talk after the service.  The priest said after the service was over that all the friends of Irene come forward first then family and last the immediate family.  Wellllll!  I was the only one who stood up and being I was in the front row I didn't have far to walk.  The rest followed after me.  Irene went to her final resting place and I went to find Grandpa.  I was truly blessed this day in every word of the sense.
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
No one is poor who, by the power of prayer, can open the storehouses of God.
 
"The prayer of a righteous man is POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE."
James 5:16
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment