Tuesday, November 16, 2010

THE RAINCOAT

Tuesday, November 16, 2010
 
Boy! Do I have a story for you tonight.  A lady from our church husband passed away unexpectedly over the weekend.  The calling hours were this evening and I wanted to be there to support her.  Welllll!  It was raining outside pretty hard so I went to the closet to get my raincoat which I haven't worn for some time.  It had DUST around the collar and the synthetic water repellent fabric kind of crinkled.  I asked Grandpa what he thought it looked like and he said "pretty good".  Ok, I'll wear it.  I'm at the funeral home standing in a long line and finally got to the front where the family was.  I looked down at my hands and they were completely speckled with black flakes.  I tried to brush them off before anyone seen them but nope they wouldn't budge.  I hugged my friend and hoped nobody saw my hands and then I had to shake her two sons hands and I just kept talking so they wouldn't look down at my hands.  I came home and showed Grandpa and my old raincoat is in the garbage bag never to be seen again.  I had to scrub my hands several times to get the black speckles off.
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
The devil is not afraid of the Bible that has DUST on it.
 
"The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right."
2 Timothy 3:16 TLB
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment