Thursday, December 9, 2010

GIFTS

Thursday, December 9, 2010
Today Grandpa and I were recipients of someone's blessing.  When I came home from my Old Ladies Bible Study Christmas party there was a package sitting on the kitchen shelf.  Every Christmas since the late 1990s we have received a most generous and act of love GIFT from our previous neighbor Janet Visocan Morrissey.  It's always a total surprise and I have to selfishly say we are like little kids when her package comes.  This year I will share with you what her GIFT was.  The first package we opened was Bountiful Pantry farmhouse Chowder and the second was Bountiful Pantry Wild Rice & Veggie Chowder.  Both Delicious & So easy and ready in minutes.  I love it already.  We continued on our mission of unwrapping gifts and the third was 6 bottles of flavored extra virgin olive oil.  Can't wait to try them.  And to top off our pallet for dessert was two chocolate Santa's.  I want to tell her please don't send GIFTS but the little kid in me says "I love the unexpected surprise".
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Pride and grace dwelt never in one place.
James Kelly
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the GIFT of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."
Ephesians 2:8,9 NASB
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment