Friday, April 29, 2011

CONQUEROR

Friday, April 29, 2011
 
Grandpa took me out tonight for a McDonald's meal.  We had our coupon from the newspaper and our McDonald's gift card for a delicious supper.  Grandpa and I split a mushroom swiss cheese angus burger along with a medium drink and fries.  Before we left we ordered two hot fudge sundae's and a free coffee to go.  LOVE THOSE GIFT CARDS.
 
I think this might be a good time to share my story on "We got Grandma good on Easter Sunday".  The last several years Grandma has been filling plastic eggs with candy or money or messages.  Some messages good and some not so good.  Grandpa gives the ok on dollar bills and a few five dollar bills just to make the game fun.  Welllllllll!  This year Uncle John gave Tori a twenty dollar bill and told her to pretend she got it out of one of the eggs.  Tori could have won an academy award on her acting.  She opened an egg and said with delight "GRANDMA THANK YOU".  I couldn't believe my eyes and thought I really did put a twenty in by mistake.  I looked at Grandpa and he was pale white and not smiling.  I told everyone it was going to be a long ride home.  I told Tori she could have the twenty since it was my mistake.  Finally she fessed up and told us what happened.  I was so relieved but probably not as much as Grandpa.  Tori did give the Twenty back to Uncle John.  We had a lot of fun and if we are invited we will do it again next year.
 
TWENTY CANS OF SUCCESS
 
19. Why should I feel like a failure when I am more than a CONQUEROR through Christ who loved me?
 
Romans 8:37----No, in all these things we are more than CONQUEROR through him who loved us.
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment