Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Friend Pat

Sunday, July 3, 2011
 
We had a wonderful surprise phone call from my cousin Claudia this morning wanting to know if we would be home this afternoon that she would like to come over and bring her Mom and Dad. (Aunt Sue and Uncle Sammy).  Claudia is here from Georgia visiting her parents.  We had a real nice visit with them.  Uncle Sammy and Aunt Sue are my only living Aunt and Uncle.  On July 12th they will be married 64 years.
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
Yesterday I introduced you to a co-worker, Pat Sallee.  I admire Pat for who she was as a person, co-worker and friend.  Pat and I would talk about our beliefs and one day after work which just so happened to be my birthday, Pat came back in my office and asked me about Jesus. 
 
Yes, I knew who Jesus was after all I went to church and learned the Sacraments and was active in my church.  But do you really know what Jesus did for you, Pat asked?  Yes, I knew he died on the cross and rose from the dead.  Pat asked if I would die that day would I go to heaven?  Well, I hope so I said.  Pat then said would you like to know for sure that you would go to heaven.  Yes, of course!  Pat said I needed to ask God for forgiveness of my sins and ask Jesus to come into my heart.  I sure didn't know what she was talking about because I went to confession and Holy Communion but I thought what would it hurt to do this.  I really didn't understand what she was saying so she asked if I would like her to pray and I follow.  I said yes.  We prayed and she gave me a hug.  Pat asked if I would like to come to her home for a bible study she was having.  A BIBLE STUDY!  Wasn't I taught that the BIBLE was the WORD OF GOD?  Now she really had my attention.  I really did want to know more about the bible.
 
To Be Continued,
Love, grandma

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful that you got invited to a Bible study!!! I really am loving this story :)

    ReplyDelete