Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Language

Tuesday, July 5, 2011
 
Last Saturday our Amish little girl wasn't able to come over to our house but today her Mom was going to a funeral and little Cindy came over here.  I had a ball with her.  We did a little sewing together, went to the library and ate at McDonalds.  She took out a DVD from the Library of Hanna Montana and watched it when we came home.  It was fun for both of us.  Grandpa was driving her sisters to and from their jobs today so he was busy working.
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
Another term that came up at the Bible Study was Personal Relationship.  I found it good to ask questions when I wasn't sure of the meaning.  The Bible doesn't refer to a personal relationship with God.  Not in those exact words.  But it does show the importance of learning to know, love, and trust a very personal God.  While you won't find the words personal relationship in the Bible, the idea is everywhere.
 
A relationship means more than knowing of or about someone.  We might say that we know the governor of New York.  But if the chief officer of that state can't pick us out of a crowd, if we can't get access to him, or if he has never shared out thoughts, feelings, and decisions, then we are claiming a friendship we don't really have.
 
I can share my deepest thoughts, cares and concerns, and love with God.  When I pray it's just like he is sitting there right next to me listening and wanting to help me if I allow Him too.
 
I mention these terms because they were new to me when I first started seeking God in THE WORD OF GOD.
 
To Be Continued,
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment