Tuesday, July 12, 2011

OBEY

Tuesday, July 12, 2011
 
All I can say tonight is " I'm very blessed with a loving family and friends.  I thank God for everything the bad and the good.  You say how can I thank Him for the bad?  He carries me through those times with His Word and love of family and friends."
 
I ask for all of us the remember Tracy's Mom, Barbara Downing as she goes through a very difficult time with her health.  I am praying she will be strong enough to have her next treatment which comes up on the 15th.
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
Yesterday was PRAYand today will be OBEY.
In John chapter 14, Jesus said that our obedience to His commands is an indicator of our love for Him (vs. 15,21,23). We can't do it in our own strength, however, That's one of the reasons He gave us the Holy Spirit (vs.. 16-17).  As we yield to Him, the Spirit provides the power to walk in obedience (Gal. 5:16-25).
 
vs..15 If you love me, you will obey what I command.
 
vs..21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
 
v16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever---
 
v17 The Spirit of truth, The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him.  But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
 
Galatians 5: 16-25  So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.  For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature.  They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
     The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft;hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like.  I warn you as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
     But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.
     Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
 
WHEN I WAS NOT LED BY THE SPIRIT GRANDMA WAS UNDER THE SINFUL NATURE.  IT'S PRETTY HARD TO READ BUT THE TRUTH NEEDS TO BE SPOKEN.
 
To Be Continued,
Love, grandma

1 comment:

  1. No the truth is not pretty but yes it does need to be spoken. So many people and churches today shy away from speaking or hearing the truth. Thank you for being obedient to His calling for truth in your life :)

    ReplyDelete